Gary V breaks down his main principles such as gratitude, empathy, accountability, humility, ambition, and turns the focus on emotional intelligence in his sixth best selling book. Each chapter teaches and reminds you how to persevere through the difficult times while also being compassionate towards others. Emotional intelligence is no longer a nice to have but a need to have to succeed in business in 2022.
- For most of us, negativity is seen greater (magnified) than positivity
- Feel the pulse of the culture of the workplace
- Winning at all costs has its consequences. It's not about winning always, but showing empathy to those who work under you
- Ambition is like a healthy carrot
- The real luxury in life is happiness
- Dig deep into the why's. Why did the employee choose to say that behind my back? Be upfront and know their motives. "I want to learn and understand why"
Quote of the book: “Technical skills are a distant second to mastering soft skills.”
Read More: Home